Kenya National Key Ecommerce Stakeholders Forum will be held on 29th June 2020 from 2 PM to 4.30 AM. This forum aims to gather insights and contributions from stakeholders within the ecommerce ecosystem on how best to strengthen ecommerce within the EAC and boost cross border trade.
As part of its Supporting Ecommerce Ecosystem Development (SEED) programme, Trademark East Africa in partnership with the EAC secretariat has been conducting country stakeholder sessions to gather information and perceptions on the ecommerce ecosystem and how best to strengthen it in order to facilitate trade. The SEED programme aims to boost cross border ecommerce in the region.
1. Ecommerce challenges in regard to cross border trade and possible areas of intervention
2. Best Practice Cross border ecommerce operating models
3. Regional ecommerce stakeholder coordination mechanism
4. Regional ecommerce policies and regulatory structure and reforms
5. Proposed logistics framework anchored on the post office or other alternative logistics solutions.
8:00a.m – 8:30 a.m
Welcome Remarks & Introduction of the Agenda
8:30 a.m – 9.00 a.m
State of E-commerce in Kenya
Trends, volumes, analysis of sectors, commonly traded goods on digital platforms, and potential growth areas
Discussion and comments from participants
9:00 a.m – 10:00 a.m
Session 2: Panel
Facilitating Cross Border Trade
Ecommerce challenges in regard to cross border trade and possible areas of intervention
Best Practice Cross border ecommerce operating models
Regional ecommerce stakeholder coordination mechanism
Regional ecommerce policies and regulatory structure and reforms
Proposed logistics framework anchored on the post office or other alternative logistics solutions.
Business Member Associations
Payment Solutions Providers
10:00 a.m – 10:30 a.m
Conclusion and next steps